Katrix1982

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I have to assign vans to my employees every morning. Each employee has a preference of which Van they want to use. Currently I am doing this by hand and comparing a sheet with employees and preferred van and trying to assign them to their van. I have 50 employees but 20 vans, so all 50 employees have a van preference from 1 to 20, repeated as needed. If it was 20 vans and 20 employees I would just use Vlookup to assign the vans. With 50 employees and 2 employees with same preference working the same day I am not sure how I can accomplish this.

I have a 3 sheets, one sheet (Vans) has van numbers 1 to 20. Second sheet has (Employees 50-75 with a preferred van number). I want to know if there is a way I can make it so that if an employee name is added to a (Blank) third sheet it would do a Vlookup to see which van the employee prefers, but if the Van is already assigned to another employee, it would pick another unassigned van for the employee.

I can get van preferences from employees where they pick 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th preferred van if needed.

Is there a way to do this in Excel?

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back