Assistance with sumifs across with multiple tabs

BLIMA

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to put together a sumifs condition working with (2) criteria across (12) tabs, but I'm getting a #REF!.

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(INDIRECT("'"&M1:M2&"'!$S$2:$S$67"),INDIRECT("'"&M1:M2&"'!$F$2:$F$67"),B$1,INDIRECT("'"&M1:M2&"'!$C$2:$C$67"),$A2))

In essence, M1:M2 would be associated to my months, so it'd actually be M1:M12, "$S$2:$S$67" is my range #01, !$F$2:$F$67 is my range #02 (consistently repeats across every other worksheet), B$1 is my criteria #01, and $A2 is my criteria #02 associated to my range #03, $C$2:$C$67.

Thoughts?

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
The #REF! error implies that 1 or more of the sheets listed in M1:M2 (or M1:M12) does not exist.

As you say that they refer to months, it would be worth checking the format. If the range M1:M12 contians proper dates then the formula will be looking for date serial numbers on the sheet names rather than the actual dates, meaning if M1 contains "Jan 2021" as a valid date then the formula will be looking for a sheet named '44197' which is the date serial number for Jan 1st 2021.

If this is the case then you would need to incorporate the TEXT function to convert the dates to text strings so that they match the sheet names, either in the cells M1:M12, in another range of 12 cells or as an array in the sumproduct formula.

Upvote 0
The #REF! error implies that 1 or more of the sheets listed in M1:M2 (or M1:M12) does not exist.

As you say that they refer to months, it would be worth checking the format. If the range M1:M12 contians proper dates then the formula will be looking for date serial numbers on the sheet names rather than the actual dates, meaning if M1 contains "Jan 2021" as a valid date then the formula will be looking for a sheet named '44197' which is the date serial number for Jan 1st 2021.

If this is the case then you would need to incorporate the TEXT function to convert the dates to text strings so that they match the sheet names, either in the cells M1:M12, in another range of 12 cells or as an array in the sumproduct formula.
Thanks Jason,

So if I name my tabs using numbers instead it might work? i.e. instead of M1, I use 01.

Upvote 0
So you're saying M1 and M2 are tab names, not cell references?

I read it that you had the tab names in cells M1, M2, M3, etc. Which should have worked. If those are tab names then you would need to use array constants.

INDIRECT("'"&{"M1","M2,"M3","M4","M5"}&"'!$S$2:$S$67")

Which should work in theory, but I've never actually tried it that way.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hherna01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back