AtRisk problem

AgentSmith

Bit of a long shot, this, I must admit. With a bit of luck perhaps someone browsing this forum may have come across the same thing.

In our company there is 1 department that makes extensive use of AtRisk, a stochastic simulation plug-in for Excel provided by Palisade Software. Our guys have 1 spreadsheet in particular that requires AtRisk and is absolutely vital to their work.

To date they have been using Windows XP, Office 2003 and AtRisk version 4.5. They are migrating to Vista, Office 2007 and a newer version of AtRisk (probably 5.5). The mission critical spreadsheet will not work on the new spec machine. It generates error messages along these lines:

"The function Dtools Version did not register properly"
"ExtractLibraryDatatoWorksheet did not register properly"
...and eventually Excel crashes.

We have been in touch with Palisade tech support who have made numerous suggestions about potential fixes and our IT department have been involved throughout. However I have just come from a conference call where we showed them the problems using a desktop sharing application. Their latest idea is that it is due to the 2 GB memory limit of Excel 2007. Frankly I don't believe it. I've done some searching and found that Excel 2007 can use twice as much memory as Excel 2003, so it doesn't make sense to me.

I'm just hoping to stumble across someone who knows the answer!

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBCTeacher

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back