Attaching notes

bdbilotta

Trying to accomplish something a little off-book I think.
Background: I have created a spreadsheet that collects data from my trading platform using Power Querry. This data dumps into a table that uses formula to parse out individual trade information. Each trade is made up of individual buy and sell orders, so I have to arrange the data and total it then extract the totals for each individual trade. The end result is basically a plethora of helper columns, which is fine, it all works well.

Now I need to enter build a Journal for the day. This is a narrative of what I did and how I did it. I could link specific notes to each trade, or I could create a Journal sheet for the entire day. I'm not sure one is better than the other, and I'll take either.

As part of this file there's a Dashboard. My Dashboard contains various details about my trading for the day, the week, the past 30, 60 and 90 days and so on. On the Dashboard I have a check box labeled "Today". When I check it it returns the results for today, if I deselect it I'm prompted to enter an alternate date and the date for that date, and the associated week is populated. I want the trading day's Journal entry(ies) to populate on the Dashboard when I select the date.

I'm open to vba linking OneNote, a separate workbook with all the journal entries and a link back and forth, looking for any and all ideas really.

The simplest, but not user friendly, way I've thought of so far is to create a sheet with each day's date in column A, notes in column B. I could then write a formula to have that day's one-cell journal notes appear in a section of that sheet, then use copy/paste/link picture to the Dashboard. I could then simply put a button on the dash and some vba to take me to that cell in the Journal sheet., then a return button on the Journal sheet.

Like I said, open to any suggestions you all may have.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back