Attempting SUMIF across worksheets using INDIRECT and SUMPRODUCT

Rig88

Hi,

I'm trying to SUM cell J4 across a range of worksheets but only SUM if a static date, K4, on the worksheets are equals too or less than today's date. This is my current attempt at getting this formula to work;

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&O7:O20&"'!K4"),"=<"&I3,INDIRECT("'"&O7:O20&"'!J4")))

I've listed my worksheet names in O7:O20 and I3 has "=TODAY()" in, on the same worksheet I'm trying to sum up these values. I should get a value of £1460.04 back from at least 1 of the cells if this formula was working correctly, but I'm getting a value of £0.00.

I'm currently using Window 7 and Office 2010.

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Hi,

2 things to take into account:
1. change your formula to this: =SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&O7:O20&"'!K4"),"<="&I3,INDIRECT("'"&O7:O20&"'!J4"))) - beware of the small change in the criteria definition.
2. your formula will return a #REF error if the sheets listed in the range O7:O20 will not exist.

Upvote 0
Hi,

2 things to take into account:
1. change your formula to this: =SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&O7:O20&"'!K4"),"<="&I3,INDIRECT("'"&O7:O20&"'!J4"))) - beware of the small change in the criteria definition.
2. your formula will return a #REF error if the sheets listed in the range O7:O20 will not exist.

Oh my, I can't believe that is all it took to get this formula working, I feel a little bit of shame for overlooking something so simple.

Thank you very much for your time though, I really appreciate it.

Upvote 0
Hi,

As usually "the devil is in the details".
Glad i could help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksjohnson1970

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back