Attendance form help - Access Newbie

daithiboy

Board Regular
Evening all,

I'm new to Access so please bear with me. I have an excel userform set up to track CPD points for doctors attending meetings. It works by selecting a meeting type from a combobox and then a list box will populate a list of all doctors registered to that meeting. So I enter the meeting date into a textbox, select the attendees on the list box and then my command button adds the selected names to end of my attendance table with the date.

It works pretty well, but I need to move it to a database structure.

I am wondering how I can replicate the userform system above for access. Here is how I've related the tables and I've put in some dummy data and the query of the attendance table gives me the info I expect. This is encouraging but I don't know how to progress. This is my first time setting up a database, so any advice is much appreciated.

I've done plenty of googling but can't really find much to direct me.

Many thanks in advance.
Dave

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-14 223752.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-14 223752.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 11

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Build a parameter query and have your combo boxes be the source of the parameters. If you would like to upload your sample db to a third party like Dropbox or box.net then I will look at more specific instructions

Upvote 0
Build a parameter query and have your combo boxes be the source of the parameters. If you would like to upload your sample db to a third party like Dropbox or box.net then I will look at more specific instructions
Hi Alan,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by a parameter query??

I'm also wondering, with my attached table setup, would I be able to see which meetings a person is enrolled in?? For instance, if John Murphy attends both Sarcoma and Melanoma meetings. Would I be able to show this in a list box i.e. choose "Sarcoma" in a combo box and the listbox populates with John Murphy and anyone else who is enrolled?

I hope that makes sense?

Upvote 0
Here is the basics for a parameter. You can make this part of the query filled based upon a combo box in a form.

Look here for further instructions on building the parameter based upon a combo box.

Upvote 0
Solution
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Da9l87

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back