Attendance tracker Template

bigjexcel

Hello all , I am a newb .. but I found in the free templates section of excel an employee attendance tracker , I think its great , but I wanted to modify it to my need just a little. If you download the template and look at the first sheet wich is the Calendar View.. there are colored squares in the legend at the bottom. When entering data the calendar table changes cell colors based on the input on the second sheet. I am trying to add two squares for additional dat to the legend , which I have done , but I cannot figure out what is linking the color of the legend squares to the cells in the calendar . When I add my two know legend squares and fill them with color , I can get my calculations to work out though out the entire work book , but no matter what I have tried , I can't get the color of my new legend squares to report to the calendar table. Thanks in advance for any help with this . Id love to know what I am missing .

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Your description maybe quite meaningful to you but I am quite lost.
I do understand in part but an image or worksheet sample would be of greater assistance.
Either use one of the options suggested by the site, or use a cloud-sharing facility.

From there we may be able to correspond.

Upvote 0
2017-11-04%2001_52_53-Employee%20attendance%20tracker1%20-%20Excel.png

Notice how Unex personal is not represented in the calendar table ..

Upvote 0
well neither is Unex Sick , but that is because I had altered the formula for that one while in there messing around , I have it fixed now , you see , # of sick days through the yellow square Unex sick came complete with the original template I downloaded , I added , or copy and pasted the other two (Unex Personal, Unex Vacation) .. and though I can get them to respond to input on another sheet , I cannot get the colors to report to a given cell or cells based on the leave type.

Upvote 0
No. Not good enough for me to try sort this as is.
Please supply formulae that you have used; and if copied down, where did they start?

Upvote 0
If the spreadsheet is XLSX then it will be using something called "Conditional Formatting, if the spreadsheet is XLSM then the colours could be generated using either "Conditional Formatting" or VBA code.

Upvote 0
I am almost sure it is conditional formatting some how , but I don't really understand how to duplicate it. The template that I am talking about is literally free in the excel templates section when words Attendance Record is typed into the search bar. I was hoping I could get someone to just download it and go over the file with to figure out how I can duplicate parts of it .. the current image I linked above is unavailable , I will repost it later .

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back