auto adjust cell height to match inserted picture.

johnEHDS

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi all
I am new to this forum and have a little knowledge of excel
What I want to achieve if possible is to insert a picture in to an excel spread sheet, so that the picture automatically resizes the height but not the width of the cell and therefore push the remaining rows in the sheet down the page accordingly.
The pictures are all the same size 6 cm high by 8 cm wide. I don't want the cell width to be adjusted, as the width of the cells above and below have been set to suit the information in them. but the cells where the picture is inserted can be merged across or merged and centred if that makes the process easier.
The spread sheet is divided into different sections some sections will have photos and some will not, this will vary between uses, the pictures will be inserted at the bottom of each section. I want to leave a blank cell beneath each row of pictures for text. Obviously at the the size of the pictures I can only get 2 pictures per row, and be able to print on A4 paper, some sections will require more than two pictures so I need to be able to insert them with the text row in multiple rows as needed. Some sections will have no pictures and I don't want large blank cells in the spread sheet where there were no pictures inserted.
I can do this manually but it is time consuming and I was hoping to automate the process.
can any one help?
Thanks in advance for any help given

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back