Auto Answer an ActiveX Message Box

LT

Board Regular
I work with three worksheets. One of the three worksheets houses the macros to control the processing in the other two worksheets.

Due to security on the system I am using, when the three worksheets are opened, each comes up and displays the default security message and asks if I want to continue and allow ActiveX controls.

The answer I have given every time is yes.

When processing, one of the spreadsheets is modified, and then saved under a new name. After it is saved, the original is reopened, and the ActiveX security box reappears. On a normal day, I can go through this process up to 500 times.

Is it possible to automatically answer the message box (with a yes) when the Worksheet is reopened by the macro I am running?

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
You can add this line to your code to turn off alerts.
Code:
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Then continue with your other code. Be sure to turn alerts back on after your code runs with:
Code:
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

Upvote 0
I tried resetting the ApplicationAlerts.Display, but it did not have any effect on the ActiveX security warning box. From the microsoft site, I did learn that the ActiveX controls (with these macros) can be set to trusted and the security warning will not come up again for those macros/ActiveX controls. Security on this system does not allow me to use that option.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back