Auto-Calculate all sheets except sheet4

vacation

Board Regular
Hi,

How can I ensure that ONLY sheet4 in my workbook is not in the Auto-Calculate mode?
I want all other sheets in this workbook to be in Auto-Calculate mode because they have very few functions.
But sheet4 has lots of functions (which impacts performance) so I want to manually trigger the calculations.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
You can only do this in VBA (I think!), and I can't find an event that works properly though you may find someone else will post one later.

If you set the application mode to Manual for the entire workbook you can then assign this macro to a button that would be on your toolbar - if you press the toolbar the workbook will calculate each sheet with the exception of the sheet(s) you specify eg in my code the name of the sheet I DON'T want to calculate is "Sheet2" - change this to suit your requirements.

Create a new toolbar - Tools - Customize - then on Toolbars Tab select NEW - give your toolbar a name - a new toolbar will then appear on your screen. Go to COMMANDS tab and find an icon you want to use (I used the refresh all icon - in the DATA section) - once you have an icon you want to use drag it on to your new toolbar - then select the MODIFY SELECTION box on the command tab and select Assign Macro - then just select the macro you want to assign to the refresh icon. Then Close. Move the new toolbar onto your main toolbars (drag it to where you want it).

Then whenever you want to calculate the workbook - press the icon which will then in turn run the macro.

Hope that helps.

Code:
Sub CALC()

Dim ws As Worksheet
For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
    If ws.Name <> "Sheet2" Then ActiveSheet.Calculate
Next ws

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back