Auto Complete in Excel for Mac 2008

Tunaman72

I have a list of part numbers (over 1000 at the moment) in column A of sheet 1, Columns B,C,D and E all have relevant information about the part number, size, weight etc.

On a separate sheet I have created a sort of 'order form' using a Vlookup function. I have also created a drop down screen as the input on my 'order form'. However I have two problems, one: the drop down screen is not being accepted as the ONLY form of input on the order form, which I need, and secondly, the drop down screen has, as mentioned over 1000 part numbers, which takes an age to get to the last one.

Therefore I would like some sort of 'auto complete' so that I can type the beginning of the part number and the options get fewer and fewer the more I type, (like predictive text on a phone). Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am on a Mac using Excel 2008. One last thing, please be advised that I am not incredibly techno savvy, please be gentle!!

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back