Auto - create a time and sales list from stock quotes with RTD (REAL TIME DATA) in a work sheet

virgonet888khr

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone, I am pleased to find this forum. One question which might not be so difficult to answer for You :
Assuming I have a small cap with aprx. 1000 trades a day, I have a work sheet with a RTD feed of 3 columns
a.) date and time
b.) price
c.) traded Volume
How can I program Excel what it writes a new line for every new trade occures. At the end of the trading day the result would be a simple T&S list which I intend to analyse and further calculate with it. Thanxxx

Attachments

• GRUXX.png
    GRUXX.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 20

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Where is your data coming from? Have you tried looking into using Power Query to pull the data into the sheet? You cannot get "true" real-time data in excel - Power Query can be set up to automatically refresh the data, but I believe the minimum refresh is every 60 sec.

Upvote 0
Where is your data coming from? Have you tried looking into using Power Query to pull the data into the sheet? You cannot get "true" real-time data in excel - Power Query can be set up to automatically refresh the data, but I believe the minimum refresh is every 60 sec.
My data comes from a broker via API /RTD and they are "true" real-time and thats not my problem ,...I want that a makro or VB -App writes the previous data into a table of aprx. 3 colums everytime a new data comes in. New data comes in for every new T&S in smallcaps aprx. 1000 trades / day. Thank you

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back