Apf

Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can help with filling dates in excel,

I have a spreadsheet that has a week per sheet, the dates of which in each sheet is displayed several rows apart, is there a way to have the dates auto fill, both within the sheet and if I was to duplicate the sheet for the following week?

Many thanks in advance

Sorry Apf, I'm still not getting it. Best way would be to provide an example copy of the file you can take out all of the important stuff apart from what you are trying to achieve which if you shade in green will make it easier to understand your requirements.

You can't upload it to this forum but you can to a personal cloud drive and then provide the link in your post :)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Deleted as the earlier one did not show as posted

Upvote 0
Sorry Apf, I'm still not getting it. Best way would be to provide an example copy of the file you can take out all of the important stuff apart from what you are trying to achieve which if you shade in green will make it easier to understand your requirements.

You can't upload it to this forum but you can to a personal cloud drive and then provide the link in your post :)

sorry i cant seem to figure out how to copy with the cell numbers, im not used to using excel as youb can probaby tell,

ive uploaded again, the highlighted with question marks i would like to be able to auto date from the first date entered in the second table, and wondering if this can be auto dated across each sheet if there was one week per a sheet

many thanks in advance

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0
sorry i cant seem to figure out how to copy with the cell numbers,
Try using the boards XL2BB addin, link in the reply window or in my signature block.

Upvote 0
NP :)

I think your requirement is as easy to solve as my first reply, take a look at the file below and if this is what you are after download it (ignore the backwards dates though G-Drive displays them in the American format:

If you want to look at the formulas where the dates are they can be copied into your own document. Copying the sheet (right click on the sheet name and select 'Move or Copy' remember to click 'Create a copy' and 'move to end' in the window that appears before clicking 'OK') will then give you a new sheet, right click on the new sheet name and click 'Rename' using the format ##-##-#### (day-month-year) will automatically use this as the first date in A1 for example on the new sheet leaving the old one intact.

Upvote 0
NP :)

I think your requirement is as easy to solve as my first reply, take a look at the file below and if this is what you are after download it (ignore the backwards dates though G-Drive displays them in the American format:

If you want to look at the formulas where the dates are they can be copied into your own document. Copying the sheet (right click on the sheet name and select 'Move or Copy' remember to click 'Create a copy' and 'move to end' in the window that appears before clicking 'OK') will then give you a new sheet, right click on the new sheet name and click 'Rename' using the format ##-##-#### (day-month-year) will automatically use this as the first date in A1 for example on the new sheet leaving the old one intact.
Hi Lee,

Thanks a lot for your help,

This was just was I was looking for, added your formula and changed the cell # that had the date in.

I appreciate your time,

Any idea on videos or books that might help with getting used to using Excel a bit more efficiently?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Hi Apf,

Excel is a beast, she can be your friend or worst enemy :)

I would suggest just searching on video sharing sites (YT) for 'basic excel' and watch some of the resulting videos - its as good as anything else (obviously not this forum though!)

Also if you click on Formulas and then insert function in Excel itself you can read up on what built in formulas Excel has, warning though there are loads.

And finally if you get stuck you can always repost a query on here.

Enjoy your journey, it really is just beginning.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back