Auto-Fill Field with Unique ID During Printing

ExcelSuduko

Hopefully, I can explain this correctly.

I have a user with an (Excel) form that requires a unique ID number on each form. Even though the form is the same, each completed form has its owns unique ID number, so that it can be tracked. And yes, this is required for reasons that I cannot explain here.

At the present, the user has 100 versions of the same form, on the same sheet tab, in the file. When they need to print more copies of this form, they first must manually change the unique ID number on each version of the form, based on the next range of numbers to be used. This is both time consuming on 2 different fronts - first, manually changing the numbers, and secondly, when the actual form needs to be revised, every single copy of the form has to be changed, and that takes a lot of time, especially if new rows or columns are added.

While I cannot swear to it, I believe I have seen a similar type of process, where there is just one form, and then off to the side of the “single” form, there would be two (2) entry fields, that would be labeled: 'ID Range'. In those fields, the user would input the ID range. For example: 4952 to 5052. Then, when printing off the form, they would select 100 copies (as an example, if the range inputted covered that many numbers), and each copy would be printed, in sequential order, with the unique ID number specific to the range indicated. 4952, 4953, 4954, etc...up through 5052 (using my example ID range).

And yes, at some point I would like to migrate this form into a different system, such as SQL or Access, but that is still a ways off, as this form is actually completed non-electronically due to the nature of its purpose.

Thanks for any assistance!

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back