Auto fill in and update current date & time whenever a group of cells are filled

Danisioni

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. MacOS
Excel sheet-testing 7.xlsm
ABCDEFGHIJKL
1DAYotherotherotherDATAotherotherotherDATE/TIME
2DAY 1E2F2G2H2autofill date/time
3E3F3G3H3
4DAY 2autofill date/time
6DAY 3autofill date/time
Testing

Hi, Can anyone help me get this done properly?

I need Excel to automatically FILL-IN and UPDATE the current Date & Time (dd/mm - hh:mm:ss) in cell L2 (which is merged with L3), whenever any of the 8 "DATA" cells (E2 to H3) in rows 2 and 3 (Day1) are FILLED, (regardless of whether one of the other Data cells has already been filled).

Rules:

1. The same should apply for each of the days below ("Day 2", "Day 3".. and so on infinitely).
2. Filling or updating the "Data" cells should NOT change the "Date/Time" cell from the other Days (above or below).
3. If all the "Data" cells are empty then also the "Date/Time" cell of that Day will remain empty.
4. Excel should function properly after applying codes - Here are some problems that I encountered with previous VBA code that has been sent to me:
- "Match destination formatting" while copy/pasting data into "Data" cells not working (the small "paste options" icon disappears).
- Can't "Undo" after modifying or filling any of the "Data" cells. (History resets).

Optional rule (not mandatory):
5. When I delete/empty an already filled "Data" cell, I would like that the "Date/time" reverses back to the previous registered time from the previous filled in "Data" cell of that "Day", instead of totally disappearing.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back