Auto Filter in Excel 2007

prakash

Dear Experts,

I was earlier working in office 2003 and currently my desktop changed to office 2007.
I am facing a problem in auto filter. Earlier in office 2003 autofilter function worked perfectly in giving an easy list by just point and click.

But in 2007 i have to click the autofilter icon then, click the arrow, select the text filter and use = and paste the value there. This is quite tedious.

Is there any other icon available in 2007 ? if not please help me to write a macro so that in a list just point and click it will filter the matched cases and i can store the same as an icon in the ribbon.

Thanks in advance

Regds
Prakash

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Suggestions from iliace...
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298133
In Excel 2007, instead of the classic style dropdown list, you have checkboxes - which can be a pain if you use filters often and have to keep checking and unchecking boxes.
There is no way to revert back to the old Filter functionality. However, you should also consider the advantages of this approach - even without using Custom criteria, you can make a lot of selections that were previously impossible.

My preferred way of selecting individual items in 2007 is check "Select All" twice (so that everything is unchecked), then scroll down and check the item that I want. Yes, more steps - but again, to me the benefits far outweigh the additional clicks.

Upvote 0
is there any macro to have the functionality like 2003 ? daily from a transaction statement of 25000 rows I use auto filter at least 150 times & hope u understand the tough time.

earlier just ctrl+f i will get the desired name then i click the auto filter icon. it will show all the transactions for the selected cell.

pls provide a macro for the same

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back