Auto-generated Form with Fixed Labels

Qaswarah

Hello guys.

I'm kinda new to Excel, and I need your help.

So, I need to instruct a form-like sheet in Excel to be as follows:

ProductQuantityNameCodePrice
##"product A"##$#,###
##"product B"##$###

<tbody>
</tbody>

The current situation:

• I have the products already listed alongside their prespective codes in Sheet1, and I already established a successful formula to calculate the pricing and so on...

The required results:

• I want a formula to lookup in a certain row (starting from a certain column and to infinity) to check for the entered values, and return them into the table in Sheet2 in the column titled quantity (each quantity in a separate row if possible).
  • In the column titled Name I need to list the corresponding product-names each a cell after its own needed quantity.
  • Obviously, I need to enlist the product-codes for the corresponding products into the column titled Code.
  • And clearly, the fourth column titled Price is for the corresponding product-prices each in front of each's product code.

What I have in mind:

• I thought of using an if statement different in each column, i.e. in the "Quantity" column and is changed correspondingly for the other columns, structured as follows:
    • if the selected range has an entered value; return the values found (each in a separate row in the same column, if no value is found it would return "blank" or a dash, i.e. "-";
    • the other three columns would just have different range matrices but it would be the same structure.

I think the problem is just finding the structure of the needed equation for one of the columns or even for one cell in each column; as each column might have at most 20 rows that can be easily edited whenever required.

Thanks for whoever can help.

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back