Auto Polulating text based on the text in a differnt cell?

Peter Wuensch

First thing I need to do is create a list of items to choose from for the cells in each column. Then I would like to know how do I populate a cell from a list of options based on the text from a list in a different cell? I have a column that will list the type of piece of equipment in a text format and from that cell I need to populate other cell. In other word from the defined list of options in the column that defines the "Type" of equipment will choose from a list of defined options for tha same row cell in the Service column, the description Column, the mounting column and the throw column. In other words, If the value of Cell B2 is "S-2" then the program will select the stated value associates with "S-2" from a list of items defined in cell E2, F2, G2, & H2.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Peter Wuensch,

Welcome to the MrExcel forum.

We can not tell where your raw data is located, sheet name(s), cells, cell formatting, cell formulae, rows, columns, and, we can not tell where the results should be, sheet name, cells, cell formatting, cell formulae, rows, columns.

We would like more information. Please see the Forum Use Guidelines in the following link:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/127080-guidelines-forum-use.html

See reply #2 at the next link, if you want to show small screenshots, of the raw data, and, what the results should look like.

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/508133-attachments.html#post2507729

Or, you can post your workbook/worksheets to the following free site (sensitive data changed), mark the workbook for sharing, and, provide us with a link to your workbook:

https://dropbox.com

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THMarana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back