Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Gents

I will enter A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H from A1:A8

A,B,C,D belongs to X
E,F,G,H belongs to Y

Is it possible if I enter any of these A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H, for Eg: if I enter D in A3 , I wish to get X in B1 because A,B,C and D belongs to X ?
Similarly if any of these letter when i enter , I should get respective X or Y in cell B1

Thanks In Advance

it will be names for info
In that case can you please post some data that accurately represents what you are trying to do.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
You said you need this done with a formula not Vba
In a earlier post there was a formula solution.
so that did not work I assume

Upvote 0
I think this is what your looking for..

Try this in Cell E5 see if that works.

Excel Formula:
=IF(COUNTIF($G$3:$G$12,B5)>0,$H$3,IF(COUNTIF($J$3:$J$12,B5)>0,$K$3,IF(COUNTIF($M$3:$M$12,B5)>0,$N$3,IF(COUNTIF($P$3:$P$12,B5)>0,$Q$3,""))))

Upvote 0
Solution
Its working perfect HajiAli: Thanks a lot, You made my day, really thank full

Upvote 0
I think this is what your looking for..

Try this in Cell E5 see if that works.

Excel Formula:
=IF(COUNTIF($G$3:$G$12,B5)>0,$H$3,IF(COUNTIF($J$3:$J$12,B5)>0,$K$3,IF(COUNTIF($M$3:$M$12,B5)>0,$N$3,IF(COUNTIF($P$3:$P$12,B5)>0,$Q$3,""))))
Hi All,

I am here with a new issue , but still it is connected with same work book and the formula provided

The above formula is perfectly working, Thank again

But I have a code which is reasonably complex_ but again working magically perfect- meant for other purpose.

As per that code if I enter certain input in sheet 1, it will give relative references in Sheet 2 cells in Row 1. Say it gives references in A1, B1 and C1 in sheet 2.

The above formula is expected to enter in D1 in Sheet 2.

Now the issue is, as per the code if I revert the entry which i made in Sheet 1, it will replace the Row 1 with fresh Row 1 in Sheet 2, with empty cells- Though the code works as intended, my formula in D1 is also getting deleted with empty cell.

Is there any simple fix for this issue, I want the above formula to be there in same cell D1 even after the row is being replaced with new one.

Thanks in Advance

Upvote 0
As this is a totally different question, you need to start a new thread. Thanks

Upvote 0
Yes Fluff, Probably you are correct, I posted here itself for the advisors to know the earlier history , I felt it may be for bit easiness.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back