Auto Populate Column in Table Based on Multiple Criteria in Another Table

AgingRapidly

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a spreadsheet in which I have tables that contain data pulled from our inventory software.

The main table CI_Item contains information for everything we make or buy with the fist column being the item number.

All of the jars have a value of PM10 in the ProductLine column; those that have not been discontinued also have a value of R in the ProductType column.

I would like to populate the first column in a new table for jars only (JarTable) that would give me the item number of everything where ProductLine=PM10 and ProductType=R. My thought is that when a jar is added or discontinued in the inventory software and updated on the CI_Item table, that the JarTable would update also. Once I have the item numbers on the JarTable, I can pull data from other data tables using Index/Match.

After working it our for jars, I would then use same idea with different ProductLine values to create tables for caps, boxes, raw materials and finished goods.

I've been reading internet posts, asking co-workers and watching training videos. I've tried a few things, but being new to complicated formulas, I've not yet found the solution.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back