Auto Populate Column onto other Sheet

BrettOlbrys1

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I know this is probably easy, but my mind is blank. I have two sheets. Sheet 1 (column A) contains the data and this column can grow hundreds of lines per day.

I want all of Sheet 1 (column A) data, as it grows, to auto-populate Sheet 2 (column A). Sheet 2 will have multiple other columns, and will be setup as a Table.

What formula can I use that will auto-populate Sheet 2 (column A) with Sheet 1 (column A) data no matter how many rows of data are in sheet 1?

Thanks

Brett

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Would you be happy having col A on sheet2 as a normal range, rather than a table?

Upvote 0
I know this is probably easy, but my mind is blank. I have two sheets. Sheet 1 (column A) contains the data and this column can grow hundreds of lines per day.

I want all of Sheet 1 (column A) data, as it grows, to auto-populate Sheet 2 (column A). Sheet 2 will have multiple other columns, and will be setup as a Table.

What formula can I use that will auto-populate Sheet 2 (column A) with Sheet 1 (column A) data no matter how many rows of data are in sheet 1?

Thanks

Brett
Let me add some more information. In Sheet 1, there is data in columns A through H, but all I need is the data in columns A, B, E, and H. It's these (4) columns I want to auto-populate into a single table on Sheet 2 into columns A, B, C, and D.

Upvote 0
Would you be happy having col A on sheet2 as a normal range, rather than a table?
See my follow-up message as you were posting your reply. I need this as a single Table on sheet 2 because there will be calculations I am doing against these columns in the columns to the right of the table and I need it as a table so the calculation cells will auto-populate down the table.

Upvote 0
If it's a structured table, then the amount of rows will not change just because you have more data on sheet1.
You could however use a normal range & the 1st 4 cols would be a spill range that will adjust automatically.

Upvote 0
If it's a structured table, then the amount of rows will not change just because you have more data on sheet1.
You could however use a normal range & the 1st 4 cols would be a spill range that will adjust automatically.
Sorry, but you lost me. Let's say that today I have 10 rows of data in Sheet 1 (columns A - H), that means that my Sheet 2 should have 10 rows of data too. Tomorrow, Sheet 1 may grow from the 10 rows of data to a total of 50 rows of data, which means Sheet 2 should have 50 rows of data. But I only want certain columns from Sheet 1 (columns A, B, E, and H) to auto-populate Sheet 2 columns A(A), B(B), C(E), D(H). In columns E and F of sheet 2, I will be doing some calculations. Sheet 2 needs to be setup as one Table so that as the rows of data increase, my calculation cells (columns E and F) auto-populate down the rows too.

I just need to understand how to auto-populate certain columns from Sheet 1 onto Sheet 2 into a single Table?

Thanks

Brett

Upvote 0
When you talk about a table do you mean a structured table, or just a normal range?

Upvote 0
Ok, so if your table & sheet1 have 10 rows of data & tomorrow you add 10 more rows to sheet1, the table is not going to expand to include those extra 10 rows.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back