Auto populate from one table to another

Jbuff26

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I’ve tried searching for help on this but everything I find is way more complicated than what I need and I just get lost following along. This is what I’m looking for:

If table titled “Applicants” on worksheet “Applicants” has a “Yes” in column I (Column I is titled “Offer” with the header in I1), then I want the name of the applicant in Column A (Titled “Name”) to Populate to Table “Hired” on worksheet “Hired” into Column A (titled “Name”).

Data range for table “Applicants” is A1:K69 with A1-K1 being the column headers.

Table “Hired” headers are A1-G1 with the first input for Column A being A2. Columns B-G is all manual entry.

I’ve tried to do this myself with other explanations/videos but simply cannot translate the examples to my own table. Also, I want to actually learn how this is done and am not looking for a copy and paste formula. So if someone is able to explain exactly what is happening and what each part of the formula is doing that would be fantastic!

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back