Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
HI,

Pretty new to VB so i'm still finding my way and I realise this may have been asked before but i cant seem to find a simple answer, here or elsewhere.

I have create a number of user forms that when data is entered it then populates specific cells within a worksheet, pretty standard stuff, what i need to try and achieve is when the user clicks on a 'previous/next' button (the user can go backwards and forwards to the other user forms) it re-populates the user form with the data that was entered.

Many Thanks in advance.
o/

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
well I thought i had a lead,

Private Sub previous1_Click()

Unload Me
finship2.Show
Call finship2.poprev1

End Sub

('poprev1' is called poprev1_click within the 'finship2' user form......)

I'm trying to run the Sub 'poprev1' that is within the 'finship2' user form, this is a command button but the sub should still execute..??, from another form but i'm getting an 'Invalid USe Of Property' error.

Ideas?

Upvote 0
There are different approaches to achieve what i think you are asking here. i can think of 2 that i would use for this;
1: use the multiPage control within the same userForm. search for "excel vba multiPage control" should get you moving in this direction.

2: create 1 userForm for each "page" your users need, save info to a tempDataHub from each userForm and call for the tempData when the user go back and forth between the forms. then send the final outPut into a dataHub at the last "save" button. Use the "Back" and "Next" buttons to save entered info into temData for each "page". this is more elaborate and requires more maintenance, but it offers the possibility to split up the operations if the different pages need to be complex.

hope this gets you further in you quest.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I'll look into this and feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back