Auto populating text fields on websites and scraping the web

damainkilla

I created a macro that automatically populated different fields on a website / online application that'd then give me results based on my inputs (which I then would have to "scrape" the results for my Excel reports). Recently the tool just had an update to its UI so now when I click view source, the HTML is completely different.

I'm not an expert on HTML by any means and so in the past I was able to muddle my way through the HTML source page by using getElementsByName, getElementsByTag, and getElementsById, etc. in VBA. However with this update to the UI, when I click view source, the HTML source page looks like it's accessing different java scripts, and there aren't any tags or IDs that I can retrieve the data from or populate the fields or navigate around the web with my current macro.

When I click inspect element however, I can see there are some elements and IDs that I think with a few tweaks to my macro, it'd work wonderfully. Is there a way for me to access that underlying HTML page? And how would I do that? Thanks!

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back