Auto-population of sub-sheets based on input into master-sheet - complex

lvlarc93

Hey guys, I have just started using Excel beyond basic functions and have found this site to be of great use, so thank you all very much for your efforts.

I have been searching for a way to selectively populate sub-sheets (from the first available blank row), based on input into a master-sheet, without copying all relevant entries in the master-sheet.

I have found examples whereby all relevant entries are shared to sub-sheets, but besides that I have struggled to find relevant examples online, maybe due to the fact I am still learning the relevant terminology, or because of how specific my request is.

I have a workbook with 4 sheets (Sheet1), one master, 3 sub (divided into categories, Region 1, Region2 and Region 3). Whilst information is added to the database via a form (which already sends to both master and sub sheets), my colleagues are used to entering large amounts of values into excel sheets and may find that when uploading many entries, writing directly to the master-sheet to be more effective. As I am expecting them to circumvent my form regularly, I would like to ensure that all new entries added to Sheet 1 are, based on their region, also recorded in Sheets, Region 1, Region 2, region 3. If not for the ability to add via a form, I could have used one of the many examples pertaining to criteria based auto-copying.

Below is a rough example of what my data looks like. I would like to filter to sub-sheets based on Column A (Manufacturer) with certain manufacturers pertaining to particular regions (e.g. Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam would pertain to the same region), but I would be happy to add another column specifying region (e.g. column B Region). As the information from inputting via the proper method will already be within the sub-sheets, there is no need to copy all information in the master-sheet, only that information which has been expressly inputted to the master-sheet via the user.

For reference, I have upwards of 15 columns in my actual document as well as 6 worksheets, but the examples below show the core problem and I should be able to scale any suggestions to match my project better.

I would really appreciate any assistance you can render. I apologize in advance if I was vague or omitted key details, I tried to be as specific as I could.

Sheet 1ABCEFG
1ManufacturerTypeRegulationModel codeDate of EntryUpdater
2Taiwan Large1HTY677/14/2017Marc
3ThailandSmall3HTY687/12/2018Mike
4VietnamMedium4HTY677/14/2017Tony
5EnglandLarge1HTY677/14/2017Marc
6GermanySmall3HTY687/12/2018Mike
7PolandMedium4HTY677/14/2017Tony
8USLarge1HTY677/14/2017Marc
9Canada
Region 1ABCEFG
2Taiwan Large1HTY677/14/2017Marc
3ThailandSmall3HTY687/12/2018Mike
4VietnamMedium4HTY677/14/2017Tony
Region 2ABCEFG
2EnglandLarge1HTY677/14/2017Marc
3GermanySmall3HTY687/12/2018Mike
4PolandMedium4HTY677/14/2017Tony
Region 3ABCEFG
2USLarge1HTY677/14/2017Marc
3Canada

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup>

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back