Auto Re-Publish warning message

sxs9999

This is driving me insane

I have a number workbooks that republish themselfs to a web page every time it is closed

Since these books open and run during the night no one is here to click the ok button when the following message apears

" The workbook you are republishing contains references to other workbooks, pages, or documents, such as a link from Book1.xls that gets the value in cell A1 of Book2.xls. Because external references are not supported in the resulting published Web page, the reference is converted to the last retrieved value on the Web page. The reference in the workbook, however, remains intact.

If you click ok it continues as normal other wise it just sits there...( :devilish: )

I have tried all the usuall code to disable warnings and messages but still it sits there and stops all of my other code from running

can any one help... I'm almost ready for the nut house on this ......

Steve

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
FWIW I too have tried everything i can think of in such cases without success. - even trying to use API and Ontime so send a Return or Escape.

Somehow the messages stop everything working - so even OnTime waits until the message is cleared.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back