Auto Refresh/Calculate by Date

vxs

Board Regular
Hi All,
I am currently creating a personal finance spreadsheet and I am trying to Calculate in 1 cell the amount left on a Mortgage.

All I want to do in say, Cell A1 is tell me how much is left to pay in reference to TODAY's date.

I don't want or need a full mortgage amortization spreadsheet, I just want it to calculate whats left owed by the total amount borrowed, term and todays date to in 1 cell. So it gives me a rough idea what is left to pay, providing payments are kept up to date.

If I specify the term, start date, todays date, and total amount elsewhere I want it to auto refresh every time the spreadsheet is open using the new date of TODAY and tell me what the remaining amount should be.

Everytime I google for something like this the templates are full amortization layouts and not calculated for just a single day of today for example.

Hopefully I have explained myself properly. I dont even know where to start which such an equation using dates and £'s in the formula to produce my output.

Any help much appreciated. ;)

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audette89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back