Auto Sorting in Excel 2010

wolfrayz

Hello,<o:p></o:p>
I am having a slight problem with an auto-sorting macro onan excel sheet. I have a sheet with aheader on row 2, and columns from A to Q, and the information on rows 3 to22. The issue is coming up from columnsB and C. I need the values in column Cto sort greatest to smallest, and then if there are matching values in column Cbut the values in B are different, I need the sheet to sort greatest tosmallest again.<o:p></o:p>
Example: In the simplified version of my table below, if the# of stocked Post-Its jumps to 15, I need that moved to the top, but if Reamsof Paper and Post-It’s have the same number of stocked items, but I need 13Reams of Paper, I need that to move above Post-Its. Any help will be greatly appreciated.<o:p></o:p>
Names# of Item Needed# of Item Stocked
Tape1614
Post-Its1211
Reams of Paper1210
Coffee Filters119

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Hi! I need some help with auto sorting in Excel 2010 as well... not sure what I should be doing.

I have 4 worksheets: a, b c, d.
Each worksheet has columns 1, 2, 3, 4
column 1 is for free text to time in an item and column 4 indicates a value between 1 to 10.

These 4 worksheets are summarised with same details (columns and rows) into worksheet 5. I need to auto sort column 4 in worksheet 5, then auto sort column 1 in alphabetical order.

how do i do this? let me know if it isnt clear, thanks for anyone's help!

Upvote 0
Hi everyone! Im new here and I appologize if I should have started a new thread.. but I wasn't sure. This relates so I thought I would put it here.

I have a spreadsheet that has multiple worksheets on that.. has a "total". I have summarized all the scores to another tab we can call that the "total" tab/worksheet.

On this Total Worksheet.. I only have 2 columns "Topic" A1 and "Score" B1. (my range including header is A1:B9.

B/c the score could change on the 9 other worksheets.. I want this "Totals Worksheet" to auto sort using VB.

I haven't been been able to figure out how to make this work.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back