Auto transferring expired rows to 2nd worksheet

MrCameronExcel

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I am looking for some help creating VBA code that will transfer expired rows from the first worksheet - called "Valid Clearances" - to the second worksheet - called "Expired Clearances"

I initially troubleshooted this issue via google, but the codes I found never worked when I tried to apply them.

Below is a sample table of what both worksheets look like.

The first two rows of both worksheets will remain the same, but I would like to apply a code so that every time I open the workbook, it automatically moves expired rows - based on the expiry date column (J) - to the bottom of the table on the second worksheet (Expired Clearances).

Any help is appreciated!

Original RecordInternal Record
ARSCBatch #Ref. #Legal Company NameLast NameFirst NamePerson TypeAssigned ToStatusExpiry DateSubmit dateprimarycurrent company namecurrent statustelephoneemailnotes
442B-8388C-4848Company AChadChadWorkerCamGranted9/23/20179/21/2017camCompany AWorker444-444-4444sample@sample.comsample notes

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Hello,

I am looking for some help creating VBA code that will transfer expired rows from the first worksheet - called "Valid Clearances" - to the second worksheet - called "Expired Clearances"

I initially troubleshooted this issue via google, but the codes I found never worked when I tried to apply them.

Below is a sample table of what both worksheets look like.

The first two rows of both worksheets will remain the same, but I would like to apply a code so that every time I open the workbook, it automatically moves expired rows - based on the expiry date column (J) - to the bottom of the table on the second worksheet (Expired Clearances).

Any help is appreciated!

Original RecordInternal Record
ARSCBatch #Ref. #Legal Company NameLast NameFirst NamePerson TypeAssigned ToStatusExpiry DateSubmit dateprimarycurrent company namecurrent statustelephoneemailnotes
442B-8388C-4848Company AChadChadWorkerCamGranted9/23/20179/21/2017camCompany AWorker444-444-4444sample@sample.comsample notes

<tbody>
</tbody>

try
Code:
Sub heec()

Dim lrow As Long
Dim i As Long

lrow = Sheet1.Cells(Rows.Count, 10).End(xlUp).Row

For i = 3 To lrow

If Sheet1.Cells(i, 10) > Date Then
        With Sheet1
            .Range(.Cells(i, 1), .Cells(i, 17)).Cut Destination:=Sheet2.Range("A" & lrow).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
        End With
    End If

Next i

With Sheet1
            .Range("A3:A" & lrow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete
        End With

End Sub

Upvote 0
I've tried inputting this code into the VBA developer for both the Workbook, and sheet 1, but each time I try, Excel stops responding, and crashes on me. So frustrating!

Any idea why this may be happening?

Thank you,

Cameron

Upvote 0
I've tried inputting this code into the VBA developer for both the Workbook, and sheet 1, but each time I try, Excel stops responding, and crashes on me. So frustrating!

Any idea why this may be happening?

Thank you,

Cameron
try inserting a new Module and paste it there, remove what you pasted in Sheet1 and ThisWorkbook. Also make sure your sheet names (#) corresponds to what the macro has eg. Sheet1 & Sheet2

Upvote 0
Firstly, thanks Tray. It is definitely coming along.

While working on this the other day, it wanted me to define the object, so I have replaced Sheet1 with Worksheet("Valid Clearances") and Sheet2 with Worksheet("Expired Clearances")

Now when I run the module, regardless of whether or not I used Sheet1 or Worksheet("Valid Clearances"), it says Sub or Function not defined!!

Code:

Sub heec()

Dim lrow As Long
Dim i As Long

lrow = Worksheet("Valid Clearances").Cells(Rows.Count, 10).End(xlUp).Row

For i = 3 To lrow

If Worksheet("Valid Clearances").Cells(i, 10) > Date Then
With Worksheet("Valid Clearances")
.Range(.Cells(i, 1), .Cells(i, 17)).Cut Destination:=Worksheet("Expired Clearances").Range("A" & lrow).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
End With
End If

Next i

With Worksheet("Valid Clearances")
End With

End Sub

Upvote 0
this
Worksheet("Valid Clearances")
should be
Worksheets("Valid Clearances")

You'll need to change this everytime you use Worksheet

Upvote 0
Thanks Fluff,

I have made this change (Worksheet to Worksheets), but when I try running the code now, Excel crashes.

After looking at the code more, I am wondering about the below changes:

1. lrow = Worksheet("Valid Clearances").Cells(Rows.Count, 10).End(xlUp).Row

Shouldn't the red ten be 17? Because 1 whole row is 17 cells wide.

If Worksheet("Valid Clearances").Cells(i, 10) >Date Then

Shouldn't the greater than symbol be a less than symbol (<)?

Just FYI, I have tried both the above changes together, but don't get the desired result. After making the above changes, the code ends up deleting all of the rows up until the expiry sate of December 2018 (which I find extremely strange), and it doesn't paste those rows in the 2nd worksheet.

Upvote 0
Try this
Code:
Sub heec()

Dim lrow As Long
    Dim i As Long

With Worksheets("Valid Clearances")
        lrow = .Cells.Find("*", after:=.Range("A1"), SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row

For i = 3 To lrow
            If .Range("J" & i) < Date Then
                .Range("A" & i).Resize(, 17).Cut Destination:=Worksheets("Expired Clearances").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
            End If
        Next i

End With

End Sub
Is col A always populated, or can there be blanks?

Upvote 0
Hi Fluff,
There were blank cells in column A and others. I have since gone ahead and filled them ALLin.

The code is running now! But hasn't achieved all the desired results.

The code successfully cuts all of the expired rows from Worksheets("Valid Clearances"), but doesn't paste them onto Worksheets("Expired Clearances").

Do you think I need a row of code specifying to Paste?

Thank you, Cameron

Upvote 0
This line of code copies the cut range to the Expired Clearances sheet
Code:
.Range("A" & i).Resize(, 17).Cut Destination:=Worksheets("Expired Clearances").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Not sure why it's not working for you.
Do you get any error messages?
Do either of your sheets contain merged cells?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back