Auto-update cell links from multiple closed workbooks

SamKinver

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm struggling with the following scenario:

Scenario
I have an xlsm which works as a dashboard for pulling in data on multiple Projects, each Project having its own xlsm as a highlight report.

Each xlsm Highlight Report is in a seperate folder based on its Project and the folders and the 'Dashboard' xlsm are on a single server on our corporate network.

Currently, because of #SPILL! from merged cells that need to be linked in order to be reported on, the data is pulled into a separate Sheet (Sheet1) and then the first cell in the link is referenced by the 'Dashboard' sheet for reporting.

33 cells are pulled from each Highlight Report xlsm into the 'Dashboard' - 14 Projects, therefore 14 different Highlight Report xlsm files are being referenced; also therefore 462 cells are being referenced.

Issue
Even if all the separate workbooks are open, the cells in the 'Dashboard' do not update on open. Each status has an error associated.

1650619357439.png

The only way to make this work is, to each time I open the 'Dashboard', change the source back to the right Highlight Report xlsm, it then updates all the cells in the 'Dashboard'. However as soon as the 'Dashboard' is saved, closed and re-opened, the links Error again.

1650619824739.png

Things I have tried
1. Changing the workbooks from xlsm files to xlsx - making sure the Dashboard and Highlight Reports are the same type of file.
2. Making sure that the Dashboard updates automatically

1650620864779.png

3. Checking the calculation options
1650620961351.png

I'm starting to lose faith at this stage and I'm concerned because the 'Dashboard' is client facing and the information just isn't connecting.

Any and all advise would be warmly welcomed.

Attachments

• 1650619733849.png
    1650619733849.png
    35 KB · Views: 9

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back