Auto Vlookup...

m0atz

Board Regular
Afternoon all,

Unfortunately I have no admin rights on this laptop therefore cant install excel jeanie to show you what I mean, however hopefully will be able to explain my request as best I can.

I have a sheet with all my customer details. Each customer has one row of data, and the columns go from A:BE. There is a whole load of customers and part of the data is the date of their last visit to me and the price i charged them. The way the sheet is set up is it allows for up to 15 visits by the customer in a year (generally they wont be over 10) so Col AB:AP is entitled Date1 to Date15. Col AQ:BE is entitled Price1 to Price15 and each price will obviously be attributed to each visit, i.e. date1 = 17/03/09 and price1 = £25.00 for example, i.e. they will be linked on my userform (when its finished..!)

What I'm after is for a sheet called "Data" to run through all my customers and present the dates in Column B and the associated Price in Column C, i.e. as a table list. Ideally with a heading of the customer name for ease of reference - this will make referencing and displaying further reporting data much easier.

So, in short then, I need some code to run through my customer sheet, and lookup the dates and prices and tabulate them

Does that make any sense - hope so..!?
Thanks in advance.

Col

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Hello,

does this macro work as expected?

Code:
Sub COPY_TO_DATA()
    For MY_ROWS = 2 To Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
        For MY_COLS = 28 To 42
            If Not IsEmpty(Cells(MY_ROWS, MY_COLS).Value) Then
                With Sheets("DATA")
                    .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Value = Range("A" & MY_ROWS).Value
                    .Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Value = Cells(MY_ROWS, MY_COLS).Value
                    .Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Value = Cells(MY_ROWS, MY_COLS + 15).Value
                End With
            End If
        Next MY_COLS
    Next MY_ROWS
End Sub

Upvote 0
I didnt get anything on the Data sheet - does it need a reference to the customers page where the data is held?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Upvote 0
Try running it with the original customer data as the active sheet.

Make sure you have another sheet called 'data' that's ready to accept the results.

Upvote 0
Thank you both - this works exactly as required. thanks for the time and effort with this - much appreciated..!

(ExcelR8R - two probs solved in two posts - you're on fire..!!)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back