Auto Y Axis not working

leydorfs

Board Regular
Thanks for taking my question.

I am graphing data with a line chart (with markers displayed at each data value). I have the Y axis auto scale all checked. My Y values go from .4 to 1.2. My Minimum Y value is set at .4, but the minimum auto is on (so it shoudn't matter). On my graph, my Y Axis starts at 0, and goes to 1.2.

Why would it do this, and not start at around .4.

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
In this case, you do not want Auto selected. You want to choose 0.4 as the minimum and have the Auto minimum box unchecked.

Upvote 0
Y axis not working

Thanks.

More info.....
I don't want to choose .4, becasue subsequent data might come in that is less than .4, and I want excel to automaticallly re-adjust the y axis of the graph.

The point is that I want the auto select to work for new data points, so I don't want to constrain it to any y-axis values.

Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
My laptop blue-screened while I responded the first time, and I see the response was lost.

If your data set's minimum is less than about 5/6 of its maximum, Excel defaults to a minimum axis scale of zero. Not my idea of a good choice. In applications that matter, I calculate my own scale parameters and use VBA or complex formulas to apply them to the chart.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back