Bering

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I am sure you guys can help me with this:

my macro inserts a formula in cell D37 (FormulaCell variable) and I need to autofill this formula until the last not blank column, which in this case happens to be column M (Lastcolumn variable). I tried different solutions but no one worked, below is my last attempt, which does nothing at all...

VBA Code:
Lastcolumn = AuditCell.CurrentRegion.Columns.Count
VBA Code:
Set rngX1 = .Find("Accrual", LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
                        MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False)
VBA Code:
Set FormulaCell = rngX1.End(xlDown).Offset(0, 3)
VBA Code:
FormulaCell.Formula = "=" & AuditCell.Offset(1, 0).Address(1, 0) & "/" & 4
VBA Code:
FormulaCell.AutoFill Destination:=FormulaCell.Resize(0, Lastcolumn), Type:=xlFillDefault

Thank you in advance

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Try
VBA Code:
Formulacell.AutoFill Destination:=Formulacell.Resize(, LastColumn - (Formulacell.Column - 1)), Type:=xlFillDefault

Btw, you can't Resize by 0.

And
VBA Code:
.CurrentRegion.Columns.Count
is likely to only find the correct column if your currentregion starts in Column A.

Better to something like
VBA Code:
LastColumn = Cells(1, Columns.count).End(xlToLeft).Column
or
VBA Code:
LastColumn = Cells.Find("*", , xlValues, , xlByColumns, xlPrevious).Column

The line I posted to try relies on the LastColumn being defined by one of my 2 last suggestions

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try
VBA Code:
Formulacell.AutoFill Destination:=Formulacell.Resize(, LastColumn - (Formulacell.Column - 1)), Type:=xlFillDefault

Btw, you can't Resize by 0.

And
VBA Code:
.CurrentRegion.Columns.Count
is likely to only find the correct column if your currentregion starts in Column A.

Better to something like
VBA Code:
or
VBA Code:
LastColumn = Cells.Find("*", , xlValues, , xlByColumns, xlPrevious).Column

The line I posted to try relies on the LastColumn being defined by one of my 2 last suggestions

Thank you so muck Mark,

it worked (y)

VBA Code:
FormulaCell.AutoFill Destination:=FormulaCell.Resize(1, Lastcolumn - (FormulaCell.Column - 1)), Type:=xlFillDefault

Just one thing, for some reason, the code below gives me 20, which is the total number of columns from A to T.

VBA Code:

However, what I need is the number of column from A to L in the row defined by AuditCell.row (M, N and O are blank) so I have changed the above as:

VBA Code:
Lastcolumn = y.Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(AuditCell.Row, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column - 8

Not very elegant but it works, maybe you could help me to fix that.

Upvote 0
Just one thing, for some reason, the code below gives me 20, which is the total number of columns from A to T.
If that is giving you 20 then there is something in T1, change the 1 to AuditCell.Row if you have headers that don't match the AuditCell row columns...
VBA Code:
LastColumn =  y.Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(AuditCell.Row, Columns.count).End(xlToLeft).Column
but you have the below
VBA Code:
Lastcolumn = y.Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(AuditCell.Row, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column - 8
What is in the cells from L to T for you to need to use the -8 on the AuditCell row? do you have formulas returning ""?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If that is giving you 20 then there is something in T1, change the 1 to AuditCell.Row if you have headers that don't match the AudditCell row columns...
VBA Code:
LastColumn = Cells( AuditCell.Row, Columns.count).End(xlToLeft).Column

If that is giving you 20 then there is something in T1, change the 1 to AuditCell.Row if you have headers that don't match the AuditCell row columns...
VBA Code:
LastColumn =  y.Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(AuditCell.Row, Columns.count).End(xlToLeft).Column
but you have the below
VBA Code:
What is in the cells from L to T for you to need to use the -8 on the AuditCell row? do you have formulas returning ""?

Hello Mark,

please find below an image showing the columns in my file. The AuditCell is cell D18, columns M,N and O are blank. I need my formula to be dragged up to column L.

Capture.PNG

I hope this helps.

Many thanks

Upvote 0
Try...
VBA Code:
Formulacell.AutoFill Destination:=Formulacell.Resize(, Range(Auditcell, Auditcell.End(xlToRight)).Columns.Count), Type:=xlFillDefault
or
VBA Code:
LastColumn = Range(Auditcell, Auditcell.End(xlToRight)).Columns.Count
Formulacell.AutoFill Destination:=Formulacell.Resize(, LastColumn), Type:=xlFillDefault

Upvote 0
Solution
Try...
VBA Code:
Formulacell.AutoFill Destination:=Formulacell.Resize(, Range(Auditcell, Auditcell.End(xlToRight)).Columns.Count), Type:=xlFillDefault
or
VBA Code:
LastColumn = Range(Auditcell, Auditcell.End(xlToRight)).Columns.Count
Formulacell.AutoFill Destination:=Formulacell.Resize(, LastColumn), Type:=xlFillDefault

Works like a charm!!!! thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back