Autofilling columns based on selection of a tab name?

MattEvansC3

Hi,

I've been tasked with creating a spreadsheet that shows a comparison of monthly mail receipts between 2017 and 2018. Those mail receipts are broken down into individual product codes, 44 rows in total.

The master data has been recorded on weekly sheets, with each working day having it's own tab. As all the spreadsheets are based on the same template; column A is the product name, column B is the product code, columns C - G record the volumes of each delivery slot and column H is the sum total of columns C- G.

I've created a new worksheet which will have a tab for each month in 2017 and 2018. In each tab I will have column A and B copy and pasted from the template, column C will be a monthly total and then column D onwards will have the daily totals from the weekly worksheets (column H) copy and paste (Values) into them.

I would then like to have the comparison tab. Columns A and B are copied from the template. Columns C and D I want to display all the row data from Column C in the monthly tabs, column E will then be a straight forward "=C3-D3" comparison.

I'm struggling finding a way to create a drop down list where I can select a tab name e.g. Dec 2017 and have all 44 rows in column C be populated with the values contained in the 44 rows of column C from the Dec 2017 tab.

Is there an option for this or will I need to display all of the monthly comparisons on the same tab wit individual cell references?

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richa mishra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back