AutoFilter FAILS - Latest office update messed up my code... what should one do?!

Sabotage

Board Regular
Dear all,
Yesterday I have updated Office-365 one of our company tablets (running the latest Windows 10 OS). In one of my data collecting excel workbooks I use userforms to gather data from users. The following line was working just fine before the update, but now I get a:

Run-time error '1004'
AutoFilter method of Range class failed

Here is the line which gives me the headache:
(RD is worksheet, cb_DatePicker is a date to be filter by)

VBA Code:
        With RD
             .Range("A2:F2").AutoFilter Field:=2, Operator:= _
                xlFilterValues, Criteria2:=Array(2, Format(cb_DatePicker, "mm/dd/yyyy"))[/COLOR]

'rest of the code here
        End With

I have a virtual machine on the same PC with Office 2016 install and the code works as just fine. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance...

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Where is Criteria1?
Hi Mark,
There is no Criteria1. Or at least this was my original code which is still working on the Excel 2016 version. In the criteria column the entries are all dates. Is Criteria1 a MUST?

Upvote 0
What happens with
VBA Code:
RD.Range("A2:F2").AutoFilter 2, Array(2, Format(cb_DatePicker, "mm/dd/yyyy"))
and what happens if you put the date in manually rather cb_DatePicker?

Upvote 0
Same thing happens. even if I hard code any existing date in the column of dates. I went through all possibilities to my knowledge but nothing. Just tested on yet another PC (laptop) with an Office 365 installed, but this one hasn't been updated for a few months now, as the auto updates are turned off. Is it possible at all, that MS have changed something significant in the background?

Upvote 0
You're code works happily for me.
Check that the cb_DatePicker is returning a valid date.

Upvote 0
I doubt that they have changed anything in the VBA as they don't touch it often these days. I just tried the code below on my version of 365 which is the insider version and up to date and works correctly for me (please note that my dates are in dd/mm/yyyy).

VBA Code:
Sub xxx()
Dim RD As Worksheet
Set RD = Sheet4
RD.Range("A2:F2").AutoFilter 2, Array(2, Format("05/10/2020", "dd/mm/yyyy"))
End Sub

Upvote 0
I will try to revert back to an older version tomorrow on the same tablet in the same environment and will see. Implementing your latest post and altering my original code will only make a change to filter the data to nothing (no return for the dates, yet there is data for the date in the combo box). I will get back to you as soon as I test this theory with the updates. Thank you and have a wonderful day...

Upvote 0
Implementing your latest post and altering my original code will only make a change to filter the data to nothing
My latest post was only for testing on my computer. The only change to what was originally posted was the date format to match my regional settings and the non use of the With statement, which was serving no purpose as you only use RD once in the code.

There is nothing in your code that I can see that would produce the error other than as fluff has stated
Check that the cb_DatePicker is returning a valid date

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back