AutoFilter help!

golfnut019

Board Regular
After autofiltering the data that I need, I need to copy that data onto another worksheet.

How do I specify the range? There are some rows that are not showing that I don't need and the rows that i DO NEED start at 100 and this will always change daily. I need a formula/method to select the first row and on after being autofiltered.

TIA

Erik,

I haven't used XL97 in so many years, I honestly don't remember what prompted me to start doing it that way. Back in 1998 when I started using Excel (before that, I used QuattroPro and before that, Lotus) there was no MrExcel.com so I was casting about doing the best I could on my own. I remember picking up too many records if I didn't pull from just the visible cells, but I can't recall the exact context, sorry.

Have a good weekend.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
golfnut019 said:
For example :

The data table I have is ordered by partner ID, partner name, spend $, and date. Now, I want the data for only 11/16/2005. When I autofilter it, 11/1-11/15 is taken out and now I am left w/ the rows of data (there are multiple rows of 11/16 as well as other dates) that is associated with the date/transactions relating to the date 11/16/2005.

How do I specify the range of the autofiltered data? The autofilter headers start at row 4 but after autofiltering, depending on the date, for 11/16 the row after the header starts at 122. How I select all the data for 11/16?

TIA

I'm no wiz at this, but wouldn't using the (Custom...) option in the date column filter show only the rows pertaining to 11/16?

Upvote 0
zami said:
I'm no wiz at this, but wouldn't using the (Custom...) option in the date column filter show only the rows pertaining to 11/16?
golfnut019 succeeded to filter the data, he must have used that method - what else ? -, that's what at least I've understood from the first post

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oksanana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back