Autofilter More Than 2 Items

honkin

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. MacOS
I have a VBA macro which does a number of things, but I have not been able to get it to autofilter for more than 2 things, but I need it to do 4

Here is the macro

VBA Code:
Sub Low_Risk_Lays()
'
' Low Risk Lays Macro
' This macro will filter for Remove VDW Rank 1, Class, Distance <=1650, # of Runners <=9, Exclude Brighton, Yarmouth, Windsor & Wolverhampton
'
    With ActiveSheet
        With .Cells(1).CurrentRegion
            .AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:="<=9"
            .AutoFilter Field:=11, Criteria1:="<=1650"
            [B].AutoFilter Field:=8, Criteria1:="<>Brighton", Criteria2:="<>Yarmouth", Operator:=xlAnd[/B]
            .AutoFilter Field:=29, Criteria1:="<>1"
            .HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
        End With
        .Columns("C:C").EntireColumn.Hidden = True
        .Columns("G:G").EntireColumn.Hidden = True
        .Columns("I:I").EntireColumn.Hidden = True
        .Columns("L:L").EntireColumn.Hidden = True
        .Columns("N:W").EntireColumn.Hidden = True
        .Columns("Y:AB").EntireColumn.Hidden = True
        .Columns("AD:AJ").EntireColumn.Hidden = True
        .Columns("AO:AO").EntireColumn.Hidden = True
        .Columns("AQ:BQ").EntireColumn.Hidden = True
        .Columns("BT:CP").EntireColumn.Hidden = True
        .AutoFilter.Range.Offset(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy
        Workbooks("New Results File.xlsm").Sheets("Low Risk Lays").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
    End With
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

The line which is in bold filters for the words Brighton and Yarmouth, but I actually need it to filter for an additional 2 words; Yarmouth & Wolverhampton

How is this possible at all?

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
You cannot use autofilter to filter more than two criteria, unless you are doing an exact match.
One option would be to put a formula in an unused column that indicates if the row should be visible & filter on that.

Upvote 0
For info
<vba/> does not allow formatting
VBA Code:
'this happens
[B]range("A1")=10[/B]
<rich/> does allow formatting
Rich (BB code):
'this happens
range("A1")=10

Upvote 0
Three ways that I can think of

1- Advanced filter (I think that this allows for more than 2 exclusions but not 100% certain).
2- Use a helper column with a formula.
3- Create an array of the remaining entries in the column, then filter on the array as inclusive (arrays can not be used as <> criteria).

Upvote 0
You cannot use autofilter to filter more than two criteria, unless you are doing an exact match.
One option would be to put a formula in an unused column that indicates if the row should be visible & filter on that.
cheers Fluff

Unfortunately a fresh data file is downloaded each day, so not really feasible to add a helper column.

Thanks for replying

Upvote 0
Three ways that I can think of

1- Advanced filter (I think that this allows for more than 2 exclusions but not 100% certain).
2- Use a helper column with a formula.
3- Create an array of the remaining entries in the column, then filter on the array as inclusive (arrays can not be used as <> criteria).
Thanks for your reply jasonb75

Neither 2 nor 3 are feasible as a new file is downloaded each day. Too cumbersome to add that each day

With 1, how would one use Advanced Filters to automatically filter a file which is newly downloaded each day?

cheers

Upvote 0
For info
<vba/> does not allow formatting
VBA Code:
'this happens
[B]range("A1")=10[/B]
<rich/> does allow formatting
Rich (BB code):
'this happens
range("A1")=10
cheers Yongle

Not really sure what you are referring to. No formatting is required, so I have no idea what your code refers to

Thanks for the reply

Upvote 0
Not really sure what you are referring to. No formatting is required, so I have no idea what your code refers to

Read your own post
You tried to use bold in this line of your code
VBA Code:
 [B].AutoFilter Field:=8, Criteria1:="<>Brighton", Criteria2:="<>Yarmouth", Operator:=xlAnd[/B]

It did not work
Now read my post again

Upvote 0
You may actually need to reread the post yourself Yongle. You'll see this, "The line which is in bold filters for the words......" is what is written. What did you think that line referred to? I created the post, put the code in and then highlighted that line to indicate which line was in question for any prospective people wishing to assist. Unfortunately when everything was enclosed in VBA code tags, it stripped out the bold formatting and just dumped the . I didn't notice the change as I click post

Upvote 0
You may actually need to reread the post yourself Yongle. You'll see this, "The line which is in bold filters for the words......" is what is written. What did you think that line referred to? I created the post, put the code in and then highlighted that line to indicate which line was in question for any prospective people wishing to assist. Unfortunately when everything was enclosed in VBA code tags, it stripped out the bold formatting and just dumped the . I didn't notice the change as I click post

I tried to help you in post#3 explaining how you could avoid making the same mistake in future
In post #7 you replied saying you did not know what I was referring to
In post #9 (quoted above) you contradicted what you said in post#7
I am confused o_O
Good luck resolving your issue :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back