Automate-Copy a range of cells, paste below it, etc

SirCumferance

Hello all, long time reader, first time poster.

I have been slowly, but surely, upgrading the sheets we use at work. These little upgrades have simplified things and removed many issues of error.

Now, I want to add one for laziness.

A have a batch of cells A2:U20 (for example) that we fill in information. Then, the same batch under that, more info, etc. There are 1000 batches because, sometimes, we need them. I already added a nifty code to hide the formulas and extra info
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Range("H4").Value = 1 Then
        Columns("F:W").EntireColumn.Hidden = True
        Range("H4").Value = 0
    End If
End Sub

But, I still have to hide the extra rows, so that printing space isnt wasted... going through 1000 batches is time consuming, and sometimes I have to come back to add more info so Deleting is not always an option.

So, to the help I need. I want the sheet to just have ONE batch, with a cell that is empty, but if I put in a number, it makes that amount of batches under the last one. THAT would be handy and ultimately, help me and others be a little more lazy.

NOTE: I did try with Macros and a code I found that offset the Active Cell info by (x,y) and that worked kinda.... but not really. So, I did try a bit before seeking help, not that lazy, lol.

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
So to help me understand..

Say your blank cell is A1, and, you put the number 4 in there, you then want 4 new batches to be added under the last batch you currently have?

If this is right, what does a batch look like? Is one batch 20 columns wide and 19 rows down (I'm guessing from the A2:U20 part above)? Is there data there that you're copying from the other batches into the new ones?

Without seeing your workbook, I'm finding it a little hard to understand what 1 batch looks like, what data you want to show in a new batch and whether the new batch is created below your existing batches, or, to the side (the code you've shared above hides columns which suggests different batches are next to each other rather than below each other)

If you could be clearer and include a little more detail, might be able to help

Upvote 0

This is it exactly, I would want the one, and if I put a 4 in A1 (for example) it will make this batch, 4 times, each after the last.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back