Automate weeks of the year

Zimmerman

I have an excel sheet that has a tab for every week of the year. Each week refers back to the last week unless other information has been added into a cell. I have to copy the previous week everytime and change the formulas to read the previous week. is there a way to have it do this for me? Meaning it might say if(k37=0,'11-9-09'!z137,k137). when i add the next week i'll have to change this to say 11-16-09 instead of 11-9-09. I have about 150 of these in each tab. I just want to automate it better so I don't have to keep doing this. Any suggestions

Excel 2003
Windows XP

Here's another idea, with the cell active, in the formula bar (with your cursor), click and highlight (drag fro k to 0) only the portion of the formula: k31=0 Then press the F9 Function key. What happens? Does it change to TRUE?, or something else? Press the Escape Key to restore the original formula; You can do this on any self contained portion of a multiple type formula in order to debug. Hope this helps..

Jim

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
if(TRUE,#NAME?(Z31),k31)

I changed the last part of PrevSheet(k31) to just k31 and it let me evaluate the entire formula. Above is what cam of it.

Upvote 0
All UDF Functions like this PrevSheet() MUST BE IN a Standard Module, not a Sheet module or the Thisworkbook module. Can you verify Function PrevSheet() is in a Standard module and not a Sheet or Thisworkbook Module?

Upvote 0
I guess I can't. I put that in the sheet module. I guess i don't know how to put it in a Standard Module. Could you explain how to do that for me?

Upvote 0
While in the VBE (Alt+F11 from the Spreadsheet) at the Menu, Do Insert, Module. This should create a folder Module1
in the Explorer (which didn't exist before). And your cursor should now be in a Blank Code window. This is the Window to paste the Function. Paste it there and erase/delete the one you previoulsy put in the Sheet module code window.

Upvote 0
That worked perfect. Thanks so much for everything and all the time you spent with me. Sorry it took so long, but thanks again!!!

Upvote 0
It has become my life (unfortunately) for the past 3 or 4 years. My wife has become an Excel widow. I work on it all the time; I own 10 or 12 books, ETC...

Jim

Upvote 0
Have you ever wrote programs for company's or do you just do this on your own. I'm just curious if this is a hobby for you or your job.

Upvote 0
It has become my job. I am a retired CPA level accountant that prefers to help business with "automation". I've done several sizable turn-key applications that client companies
use DAILY in their processes. I'm always looking for "the next (paying-type) Project".
LOL

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back