Automated Part Number off Word inputs

ExcelsNotTheGame

Hey Guys,

New to the forum, but I have something tricky that I want to do in excel. I want to generate a part number based off a specific word input. For example

Titus350FS222224x24Lay InStd WhiteNo Screw HolesNoneNoneNoneNone

<tbody>
</tbody>
=
350FS-24,0,24,0,0,1,26,A,0,0,0,0
^This is is the part number I am trying to generate.
Certain criteria changes and a different number would show up. I tried using index match, but could figure out how to get the commas in between each number and to even start the next number.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I am officially stuck.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
You need to explain the significance of the elements of your new part number based on your example input.

Upvote 0
You need to explain the significance of the elements of your new part number based on your example input.

Thanks for the response. Basically each element is linked to an output in a database. EX. STD White = 26. The problem I'm having inst so much matching each element to the desired number, but doing it for all the different criteria. Here's the equation i used to match border to the desired number. How do I continue this? Thanks for the help

=INDEX(' Data GRD'!M83:M85,MATCH('Quote GRD'!G11,' Data GRD'!L83:L85,0))

Upvote 0
Well, unless I'm missing something, if you want a new part number to be like: 350FS-24,0,24,0,0,1,26,A,0,0,0,0

And, each of those elements come from a possible VLOOKUP or a MATCH and INDEX based on your input example, I think it's going to be quite a wild concatenation formula.
You could put the lookups in difference cells, then CONCAT them to your new part number. Otherwise, how else would you generate those elements?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBCTeacher

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back