Automatic Archive when spreadsheet is opened

ada111

Board Regular
I am trying to do an automatic archive macro where when the spreadsheet is opened, rows of data that are over three months old, automatically moves to an archive sheet that I created already. Is there a way to do this?? The cells on the archive sheet start with B10 go from B10-B..... wherever.

I checked and they are the correct names. And it completely made the spreadsheet mess up in terms of losing data and such when I re-opened it half of the information was gone. Should I just create a button for this function?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
I don't what to say, I created a spreadsheet to mimic the specs that you gave and the code worked perfectly. Whether the code runs from a button or from the worksheet open trigger, it is still the same code. If you would like to PM me we could exchange emails and I would be happy to look at the file with real or fictitious data. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you...

Regards,

igold

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richa mishra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back