Automatic date calculation

catalincirjan

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have a table that I want some people to fill in. The last column is called "Submission date" and I want this to be automatically calculate.

Trigger: When they (start to)complete a row in the table
Rule for calculation:
  • If that persons input is before the established cutover date - same day
  • If that persons input is after the established cutover date - next business day // I will accept that it will not be able to distinguish holydays and such, but the probabilty of somebody introducing something before a holiday is very unlikely

My attempt of a solution: =IF(A2<>"",IF(HOUR(NOW())<3,TODAY(),IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY(),2)=5,TODAY()+3,TODAY()+1)),"")
Reasoning:
Now()<3 -> is the cutover date with correction for timezone when I uplod this to Sharepoint ( although I am UTC+3, once on sharepoint I guess it takes the timezon of the server - America?!)
Today()+3 -> in case it's a Friday the result will be Monday

Other details: Before I upload this file, I want to protect that specific column so that people can't 'overwrite' / 'forge' the submission date
Issue: I used Power Automate to send an automaticaly report each day.
it appears that anytime I open the excel it (or the power flow runs), the formula recalculates the submission date. So if person X would have writen something last week, when I open now the excel it will show

I have tried to go to Formula -> Calculation Options -> Manual // this almost works -> when I edit the file after cutover hour, the old entries remain with the old date ... until I save .... which changes all the dates again
Also, the Manual Calculation is not an option due to the fact specified in Other details: once protected I can no click in the formula of that cell and press enter

Any suggestions, please?

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 17

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
you probably really need to use VBA to set the value once only, as you have found =Now() just changes

Upvote 0
Hmmm the issue with VBA is that I have zero experience, I am not even sure if I can upload it to Sharepoint because I think they don't accept macros in the online version ...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back