Automatic date calculations

Luigi802

Board Regular
Below is a list of bills, I'm trying to figure out a way to have the Due Date column automatically calculate each month after the date is passed i.e. today is October 30th, so every due date before that will automatically show the dues date in NOV. Like bill # 1 is due the first of this month, obviously it's passed that so it should automatically switch to Nov 1st. I've tried many different formulas with no luck, any suggestions?

Monthly PaymentDay of month dueDue date
Bill 1$604.0711-Nov-14
Bill 2$200.5611-Nov-14
Bill 3$40.0011-Nov-14
Bill 4$25.5033-Nov-14
Bill 5$310.8744-Nov-14
Bill 6$20.0055-Nov-14
Bill 7$96.9566-Nov-14
Bill 8$55.001111-Nov-14
Bill 9$40.001212-Nov-14
Bill 10$112.231717-Nov-14
Bill 11$110.003030-Oct-14
Bill 12$600.003030-Oct-14
Bill 13$160.503131-Oct-14
Bill 14$7.993131-Oct-14

<colgroup><col><col span="2"><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
If you have a column of dates and you want them to change when they are prior to todays date then you woll need come code.
If yiu want to have the original dates in one column and another column to show the revised date because it is past due then with the original date on A1 and the new date in B1
B1= Max(a1,TODAY())

Upvote 0
Hi,

You can use this formula : "=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())+1,B2)" where "B2" contains your "Day of month due"

Upvote 0
Not quite what I'm looking for, this is the formula I've been using =DATEVALUE(CONCATENATE(MONTH(TODAY()),"-",[@[Day of month due]],"-",YEAR(TODAY()))) Where "[@[Day of month due]]" is the number in column under the same name which is just a number value indicating the number of the day it's due. The problem is that once said date is passed I want it to show the date for the next month. So basically what I have written in the due date column right now would automatically recalc every time the dues date is passed. Does that make sense?

Upvote 0
HI,

Yea got it!

You can use this formula :<today(), date(year(today()),month(today())+1,b2),="" date(year(today()),month(today())+2,b2))
<today(),
<today(), date(year(today()),month(today())+1,d29),="" date(year(today()),month(today())+2,d29))
<today(), date(year(today()),month(today())+1,d29),="" date(year(today()),month(today())+2,d29))[="" quote]=""
<today(), date(year(today()),month(today())+1,d29),="" date(year(today()),month(today())+2,d29))[="" code]
<today(), date(year(today()),month(today())+1,b2),="" date(year(today()),month(today())+2,b2))[="" code]

IF(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),B2)<TODAY(), DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())+1,B2), DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())+2,B2))
<today(), date(year(today()),month(today())+1,d29),="" date(year(today()),month(today())+2,d29))"
Let me know if this works.

</today(),></today(),></today(),></today(),></today(),></today(),></today(),>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
HI,

Yea got it!

You can use this formula

IF(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),B2)<TODAY(), DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())+1,B2), DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())+2,B2))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
HI,

Yea got it!

You can use this formula

Awesome that did the trick, I had the same idea but my similar formula didn't seem to work out properly, thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back