automatic formatting update

daveyc18

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2010
long shot here:

so i have a worksheet (lets call it A) linked to worksheet B.

whenever I update the formatting in worksheet B, is there a way that the formatting in worksheet A also gets updated? eg highlight cell A10 in worksheet A, and worksheet B also gets highlighted in cell A10.

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Not on a cell by cell basis in the same way as a formula would work, for a continuous range you could use copy and pastespecial formats in a worksheet activate event.
I don't think that doing what you want with non continuous cells will be simple, which could explain the lack of replies to your question.

Upvote 0
Not on a cell by cell basis in the same way as a formula would work, for a continuous range you could use copy and pastespecial formats in a worksheet activate event.
I don't think that doing what you want with non continuous cells will be simple, which could explain the lack of replies to your question.

ye I figured it'd be a long shot ...I know I could just copy and paste formats ...however ...this workbook template gets refreshed every month so all the highlights disappear on both worksheets ....so essentially the highlights are manual and change everything month

oh well

Upvote 0
If you need to keep the existing formats and add more to it after the refresh then how about pasting to a blank sheet before refreshing?

Upvote 0
process works like this ...every month I clear a worksheet called RAW and then copy and paste the new data to worksheet RAW (unaltered data as my team wants )....two other workbooks are linked to RAW ..why two? one is for month over month analysis and other for quarter over quarter...those two sheets have their highlights removed as it's a new month of data

then I do my manual analysis on the month over month tab, highlighting cells and rows accordingly . those same highlights should also appear on the quarter over quarter tab ..which is what I was originally asking about ...and fyi also need to do additional analysis (highlights) on quarter over quarter tab just to show that having that the quarter over quarter tab isn't redundant

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back