Automatic jump to cell

ylk20

I have a laboratory instrument logging data to an Excel sheet. Once fixed number of measurements for a particular condition have been logged, I would like to automatically jump to the top row of the next column without having to walk from the instrument to the computer. The computer cannot be located in the proximity of the instrument. Any suggestions would be appraciated. Thanks, Tom

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
The data acquisition software enters the data into Excel via a keystroke method, which is essentially the same as typing the data into the spreadsheet by hand. Thanks for your interest, Tom.

Upvote 0
Try putting this in the worksheet module

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Row = 31 Then
Target.Offset(-30, 1).Select
End If

End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi,

If the above reply is not what you want , let me know

R u using labview,, let me know possible i can suggest you something in the code itself

Regards

Upvote 0
SteveO59L,
Thanks for the reply, but I cannot get this suggestion to work, Perhaps you could elaborate.

pooj_malh,
I am not using Labview. I am using WinWedge (by TalTech). Any suggestion would be aprreciated.

Thanks, Tom

Upvote 0
Hi,

can you elaborate more on how is the data getting looged
1)Automatic or manual entry----what is the software doing with the data
2)what do you want ---log data and then change the row or column after certain number of data points

Little more information on the system will help us work towards your solution

regards

Upvote 0
You asked for more clarification.....
In the workbook you want this to work, hit Alt+F11
Click on the worksheet where you want your data in the list at the side. Then paste in the code below. When you hit enter from row 30, as you enter the cell in row 31 it will automatically shift the focus up to row 1 in the next column over. Adjust the numbers 31, -30 and 1 to suit your needs.

Try putting this in the worksheet module

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Row = 31 Then
Target.Offset(-30, 1).Select
End If

End Sub

Upvote 0
KristenT,

Thank you for the reply. I am very interested in this suggestion because I think it will exactly solve my problem, but I do not understand your direction. Specifically I do not understand "Click on the worksheet where you want your data in the list at the side." Please describe every step of this solution in as much detail as possible. Thank you, Tom.

Upvote 0
pooj_malh,

The software is entering data into Excel exactly as if it were being typed in by hand. You are correct in that after a certain number of entries I want to change the row and column without having to do anything at the PC. For example, if I have 20 entries per data set, after the 20th data point, I want Excel to move one column over and move 20 rows up (go from A20 to B1, from B20 to C1, etc.) Thanks for you interest, Tom

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back