Automatic Macro when Cell Value changes

Steven1985

Board Regular
Hi, Im new to this and also a novice with excel and would really appreciate help with my query please?

I have created a spreadsheet for work to monitor supplier performance and referrals of accounts to other areas of the business. This spreadsheet is a template to copied daily for the analysts to work.

I have in Cell B2 the date of the Alert. In cell AE2 I have the formula -today() to calculate todays date. In cell AF2 i have in the cell to monitor the Service Levels (the difference in days from Cell B2 - AE2) and the formula used in AF2 is =DATEDIF(B2, AE2, "D"). So far all this works.

What I need to do is have a macro that will run automatically when cell AF2 reaches 3 days SLA to then send an e-mail to an Analyst to promt them to chase up the referral.

Can someone please help with this? Any further information required im happy to provide. Many Thanks. Steve

Basically you would need to add the Worksheet_Calculate code to each sheet to be monitored, amending the range to be checked to suit.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Hi Peter,

Is there any way this can be run without opening Excel? This is a template for a daily spreadsheet. A new spreadsheet will be opened daily. None of the analysts will go back and open the previous days spreadsheet to run this macro.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi. Excel must be open. You could use the Windows Task Scheduler to launch Excel. If you need help with that please start a new thread as I have no experience of doing that.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back