Automatic Pivot Tables

Kongming

Hi,

I have a workbook that basically does the following:

[i]Sheets 1 to 6 are labelled as the days of the week (mon - sat). These sheets have the following information manually added to them. user name (constant 15 names); adverts done, keywords done; hours worked. Formulas exist to calculate the average keywords and adverts done in a day.[/i]
These six sheets are then used to automatically populate a "final totals" page which also contains formulas to work out the total number of keywords and adverts; and also the average numbers of each.
Finally, I have made 3 pivot tables for this information. keyword averages, advert averages and keyword & advert totals. After a few teething problems, the workbook works quite well (considering I have been using excel for about 4 weeks).
My problem is....
The workbook i have created is for one team; the idea being to create an identical workbook for 5 other teams. Then every employee could view his or her service level, and compare it against other team members.

I would like to create a final workbook that does the following.

1. Automatically collect the final totals from the 6 team workbooks and insert them in to a new workbook.

2. Automatically and dynamically alter the information in the new workbook as and when new information is added to the 6 team workbooks.

To reiterate. A,B,C,D,E,F are team sheets. XYZ is the final sheet for all teams. XYZ just takes the final weekly totals from each team and places it in a new workbook (without human intervention). Pivot tables and charts are created automatically for this information

I have no idea if something like this is actually possible, but if it is; it will save a lot of time in the future.

Sincerest regards

Kongming

ps. I am a new user to excel. if possible, please use laymans terminology.

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back