Automatic Search/Copy/Paste Between Sheets, How?

Mogadeet

I would like Excel to do the following and have no idea how to write the instructions. The function is as follows:

From a general information sheet (sheet #1), XCEL looks at a cell to determine if that cell holds "A" or "B" (will be a word, and choice will be previously fixed by a dropdown menu). It then looks at another cell in the same row to determine if it equals 0 or 1.
If the cell holds A, and the other cell holds 0, XCEL copies the row from the general information sheet onto sheet #2 of the same workbook.
If the cell holds B and the other cell holds 0, XCEL copies the row from the general information sheet onto sheet #3 of the same workbook.
After XCEL has copied a row, it inputs a 1 in a final cell of that row so it will not copy that row again.
On sheet #2 and sheet #3, XCEL begins (and copies to) the first open row in column A (by moving there after performing its last copy function or by checking column A until it finds a cell = 0), so that each new copy function begins in an open row.

Is this even possible?

If it is, how would I write it?

Mogadeet

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Hi Mogadeet,

It can certainly be done.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Can you paste an example of your sheet1 data and restate your search criteria.
<o:p></o:p>
ColinKJ

Upvote 0
Okay.
Understand, the categories are not fixed, but...

Data would be entered in the QA Specifications sheet.
The “program” would look at the “Sun/Valeant” column.
If the “Sun/Valeant” column had “Sun” in it, then it would copy that row and past it in the first available row on another sheet (not yet in this workbook) would be called “Sun Components.”
If the Sun/Valeant” column had “Valeant” in it, then it would copy that row and past it in the first available row on a “Valeant Component” sheet.
The Raw Materials and Test Procedure sheets would have similar programs and similar sheets to paste them on.
So there’d be an (initial) total of 9 sheets in this workbook. A single sheet each for “Components,” “Raw Materials,” and “Test Procedures,” and each sheet would feed two additional “Sun Components,” “Valeant Components,” and so on sheets.

These sheets can be on a different workbook, but it is preferable to be on the same.

I would also need this to be understandable enough to me so I could do this to some other similar workbooks.

Make sense?

The options say I may not post attachments so I don't know how to provide you with an example of the sheet.

Mogadeet

Upvote 0
Mogadeet,

I'll send you a private message with my email address. maybe you can send me a copy of the sheet.

Colin

Upvote 0
Hi Mogadeet,

I've got your WB, think I undewrstand what you want, I'll get back to you.

ColinKJ

Upvote 0
That seems to work. Now, I will study and learn to undestand the program and if I need help I will hollar.

Thank you!

Mogadeet

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back