Automatic Shipment Tracker

Bradders29

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a new way of automating our shipment tracker as currently it's done manually and takes a while to do. I've done a few VBA things in the past and formulas (taken from reading here as a viewer!) but this is currently stumping me.

The process I'm trying to achieve is;

There are 4 sheets currently on the workbook MANIFEST / APPLES / PEARS / BANANAS. On APPLES / PEARS / BANANAS there is a "Required Date" column whereby other users input when they require their shipments to go.

- I want to be able to run a macro that copies the rows from all 3 other sheets onto the MANIFEST sheet based on the required date matching the date on the MANIFEST sheet (Click command button "Run Report")
- I will then use another column on the MANIFEST sheet to say if we've receive that shipment it will change the status to "Received" on the other worksheets. Another column on MANIFEST will change the status from "Received" to "Onboard vehicle" (this will be abbreviated)
- After the date has passed, any rows of APPLES / BANANAS / PEARS will be transferred back to their original sheets with a blank date and their status will automatically be changed back to "Unallocated" if they were no received or could not travel on a vehicle

APPLES / BANANAS / PEARS rows have individual unique box identifiers i.e. APP-12345 / BAN-54321 / PEA-23451 etc so no data will ever be repeated. (Could this help transfer them back to their original sheets?)

I've got the formula to automatically change the status on the sheets based on data being present and for transferring a row to another sheet when a condition is met but this is a bit bigger and any help/suggestions would be great.

Thanks again for all the help!

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
It would be easier to help if you could use the XL2BB add-in (icon in the menu) to attach screenshots (not pictures) of your sheets. Alternately, you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Explain in detail what you want to do referring to specific cells, rows, columns and sheets using a few examples from your data (de-sensitized if necessary).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahSomethingExcel100

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back