wilkisa

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
  3. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Help!!

I have a sheet that contains the input data on the sheet called BIDS. The four other sheets in the book should have different parts of the input data placed into them and my customer wants it done automatically.

Sheet BIDS:
ColA..........ColB..........ColC..........ColD..........ColE..........ColF.........ColG
Name........ERI............Origin........Dest...........Mover.......Air Wt.......Ocean Wt
I M Goofy...R..............Here..........There.........ABC..........800..........1100
..................................................................XYZ..........850...........1200
Ye Hah.......E..............What..........When........ABC..........650...........900
..................................................................XYZ..........625...........850

I have used dots to separate my columns. I hope it comes thru okay. Also, there are many more columns of data but I didn't include them here.

What we need is to have the NAME, ERI, ORIGIN, DEST column data to copy to all four other sheets (named ABC, XYZ, ACTUAL, COMPARE) in the book. Then the data in ColF and ColG for ABC movers should automatically link to the ABC sheet; ditto for XYZ. Sheets ACTUAL and COMPARE will pull data from the unlisted columns.

My customer will be putting the the name, ERI, origin and destination on every other line on the BIDS sheet. On the other sheets, there will be no blank row separator. Also, sheets ABC, XYZ, ACTUAL, COMPARE will not have the MOVER column in them.

Is this possible?

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
I'm surprised none of the VBA-wizards have replied to your post.

My first inclination was to say: why don't you just put formulae in the target-cells that get the information in the source-cells?

Or M.I. Goofy now?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply, Eric. Actually, I was hoping for a solution from someone by now.

Can anyone else help? PLEASE????

:confused:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VanGirl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back